Commercial Roofing Contractors Washington DC
Time For A New Roof?
When do you need to be concerned about roofing? More often than not, a roof is hardly ever considered until there is a issue like water dripping through the ceiling. This is particularly true with roofs of commercial buildings, where flat roofs and parapet walls truly put roofing concerns out of sight and (thus) out of mind.
At Renovations & Designs, we advise all building owners NOT to dismiss roofing issues that can very quickly result in significant damage to the building and its contents. Our expert technicians are ready to inspect your roof and give a comprehensive assessment of its condition. If you require roof repairs, roof replacement or a new roof installed, we want to be your go-to roofing contractor for all commercial roofing needs.
Commercial Roofing Services in Washington DC:
- Roof inspections
- Roof maintenance
- All roofing materials & treatments available
- Flashing repair & replacement
- Flat, low-slope and sloped roof expertise
- Roof repair
- Roof replacement
There’s good news and bad news when it comes to commercial roofing. First, the good: These days there’s an amazing range of commercial roofing materials and techniques available, providing building owners with excellent solutions for commercial roof replacement, reroofing and new roof installation.
The bad news is that considering the commercial roofing options that are available, choosing the right roofing system for your building has become far more difficult. All various roofing types with acronyms such as SPF. TPO, EPDM, etc. can add to the confusion. However, there’s no need to worry. If you want to be sure you’ve got the most suitable type of commercial roofing, you’ve come to the right place. When the time comes to decide on a roofing or reroofing treatment for your commercial property, Renovations & Designs will help you find the right solution that works with building and your budget.
You will often hear commercial roofing referred to by its type: flat, low slope, steep slope, as examples. You could also hear it referred to by the installation technique: built-up, standing-seam, single-membrane, etcetera. The simplest way to describe roofing is by the specific material that the roof is made of. Here are short descriptions of the primary commercial roofing materials being used today:
- Metal Roofing includes factory-made panels and flashing profiles, and in addition roofing panels that are cut and formed on site. When installed on a sloped roof, metal roofing offers the benefits of energy efficiency (lower heat gain during warm, sunny weather) and low-to-zero maintenance.
- SPF (Spray Polyurethane Foam) Roofing is a popular roofing option for flat and low-slope roofs. SPF roofing can be sprayed on over a pre-existing roof, or applied to new construction. Since SPF roofing functions as roof insulation and doesn’t require flashing, it can actually cut down on your building’s energy bills which has made it a popular roofing alternative.
- EPDM Roofing is a single-membrane material that has the look of a rubber inner tube, because of this you may have heard EPDM identified as rubber roofing. EPDM roofing can be installed on low-slope and flat roofs. Seams connecting neighboring EPDM sheets and metal flashing elements are typically sealed with a particular adhesive. EPDM roofing has one of the longest lifespans of any commercial roofing option available. It is extremely durable and offers significant flexibility. EPDM commercial roofing systems are also typically easier to install, repair and maintain than many other types of commercial roofs.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) Roofing is a single-membrane system, similar to EPDM roofing. TPO membranes are rolled out on the surface of the roof and then fused together with heat, or sometimes mechanical fasteners are used. Among the available commercial roofing systems, TPO continues to gain in popularity. Made of an especially durable material with a low-temperature flexibility and a high-temperature tolerance, these roofs are remarkably impervious to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure. White TPO material has an added benefit of reflecting the sun’s rays which can decrease a building’s energy expenses in the summer months. TPO roofs can be expected to have a lifespan of 20+ years, and also offer a high resistance to fire, punctures, chemicals and strong winds.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing is applied in rolls that are generally heated with a torch to adhere the asphaltic material and seal the seams to the flashing details and to the substrate. Considering that that other single-membrane systems such as EPDM and TPO have become significantly more popular, modified bitumen roofing is not used nearly as much as it used to be.
- Asphalt Shingle Roofing will almost always be popular. Plenty of sloped roof commercial buildings benefit from the weather protection that asphalt shingles offer. This roofing option is amongst the least expensive, and gives building owners many shingle styles and colors to consider.
Our team of professionals are certified and have experience dealing with virtually every commercial roofing system on the market. If your Washington DC building has a roofing problem then Renovations & Designs can certainly help. We provide commercial roofing services such as roof repair, maintenance and roof replacement to ensure that your commercial building is properly covered. If you are in need of commercial roof repair, replacement or new roof installation, Call us at (202) 335-9553 or send us an email to schedule an consultation today!